Find below AIKA/AIC's call. INQAAHE hopes you find this information useful.
CALL FOR INTERNATIONAL EXPERTS BY ACADEMIC INFORMATION CENTRE (AIC/AIKA, LATVIA)
The Quality Agency for Higher Education (AIKA)/ Academic Information Centre (AIC) has launched an open call for international experts who would be interested to participate in the upcoming evaluations of study fields (study programme groups) in Latvia starting from summer 2021. The call is open to anyone interested but especially to experts representing the disciplines listed below. The call is open until 12 May 2021.
Academic Information Centre (AIC)/ Quality Agency for Higher Education (AIKA) is issuing an open call for international experts who would be interested to participate in the upcoming evaluations of study fields (study programme groups) in Latvia.
Selected experts will be included in the database and notified. Experts included in the data base should be ready to participate in short-term assignments for assessing the quality of higher education institutions and study fields in Latvia starting from summer 2021. The assignment will consist of a preparatory stage, site visit (implemented on-site, partially online or fully online, depending on the COVID-19 situation), and preparation of the assessment report. The site visit for the assessment will take from 2 working days up to 5 working days according to the size of the institution/number of study programmes in the study field.
The call is open to anyone interested but especially to experts representing these disciplines:
- Mechanics and Metal Processing, Heat Power Engineering, Heat Technology and Mechanical Engineering (in particular, Maritime Engineering, Aircraft Mechanics/Maintenance),
- Power Industry, Electrical Engineering and Electrical Technologies (in particular, Railway Engineering, Engineering in Railway Electrosystems, Electronics, Power Engineering),
- Manufacture and Processing (in particular, Clothing and Textile Engineering, Woodwork Technology, Material Design and Technology, Logistics, Food Processing),
- Architecture and Construction,
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishery, Veterinary Medicine and Food Hygiene,
- Health Care (in particular, experts involved in implementation and/or assessment of short cycle study programmes),
- Social Welfare (Social Work).
Application is open for candidates who fulfil the following criteria:
- University degree in one of the fields mentioned in the application form;
- Recognised in their respective fields as researchers, teachers of the subject, Bologna experts, independent higher education experts/consultants;
- Expertise in development, design, provision, and evaluation of higher education study programmes;
- Current or a recent managerial position or participation in governing bodies in a higher education institution;
- Experience as a peer reviewer (in the evaluation of internal quality assurance systems, evaluation of scientific activities of a higher education institution, strategic management, internationalisation etc.) in the home country and internationally will be an asset;
- Fluenct in English.
Interested candidates may fill in the electronic application form available HERE until 12 May 2021.
All information will be included in the AIC/ AIKA database. All data will be processed according to the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679). Representatives from AIC/ AIKA will be in contact with the selected experts with proposal to participate in particular evaluations in Latvia.
If you should have any questions or clarifications, please contact AIC/ AIKA by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.