INQAAHE is a worldwide association of 300+ organizations active in the theory and practice of quality assurance in higher education. The great majority of its members are quality assurance agencies that operate in many different ways, although the Network also welcomes (as associate and affiliate members) other organizations and individuals that have an interest in QA in HE.
Following the latest amendments to the Constitution and the introduction of a new membership category (ISG Aligned members), a revision of the membership criteria and processes has been undertaken. The current membership criteria and procedures wants to ensure quality, accountability, and responsibilities of the applicants and current members in order to keep instilling trust and credibility among the wider HE community.
INQAAHE offers four categories of membership:
- GGP/ISG ALIGNED MEMBERS are organizations responsible for assuring the quality of tertiary education provisions – institutions and programs, such as accreditation, audit or other bodies responsible for the external evaluation of institutions and/or programs, which have successfully undergone the INQAAHE GGP/ISG Alignment procedure and whose alignment is current.
- FULL MEMBERS are organizations in operation for more than two years responsible for assuring the quality of tertiary education provisions – institutions and programs, such as accreditation, audit or other bodies responsible for the external evaluation of institutions and/or programs.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBERS are tertiary education providers, external quality assurance providers in operation for less than two years and interested parties with a major interest and commitment in evaluation, accreditation and quality assurance in tertiary education.
- AFFILIATE MEMBERS are individuals (scholars, researchers, academics, employers, professional staff) with a major commitment and interest in evaluation, accreditation and quality assurance in tertiary education and a proven track record of involvement in tertiary education quality assurance.
The benefits for being an INQAAHE Member are as follows:
Participate in decision-making
If you are a Full or Associate member, you are part of INQAAHE’s General Assembly (GA). As such, you will be granted access to specific documentation needed for each General Assembly Meeting (GAM).
If you are a Full member, you can host INQAAHE events (such as Biannual Conferences or Fora). Also, all members have automatic discounts when registering for INQAAHE Conferences and Fora.
As an INQAAHE member you can apply to all calls published by the Network such as the Funding Scheme, the QA Graduate Programme, and funding for attending INQAAHE events.
Use of INQAAHE’s logo according to the current Visual Guide.
Newsletter and Quarterly Communiqué
Support in networking
INQAAHE helps members liaise with other relevant members to share experience, explore cooperation, etc.
Academic Journal Quality in Higher Education
Online access to the Journal Quality in Higher Education.
|Receive three annual editions of the Academic Journal “Quality in Higher Education”|
|Receive the electronic INQAAHE Bulletin and Communiqué quarterly|
|Participate in decision-making according to the rights listed in the Constitution|
|Promote events through INQAAHE’s Website|
|Access to General Assembly documentation (minutes, annexes, other documents, etc.)|
|Participate in and/or host INQAAHE events such as the Biannual Conference and Forum||*||*|
|Members who have paid or are up to date with their membership, can apply for discounts on conferences and forums registration fees|
|Use of INQAAHE’s trademark and logo according to the Guidelines|
|Involvement in the INQAAHE review panels|
|Avail the priority of being involved in and granted the INQAAHE multiple projects|
* Associate and Affiliates members may participate in INQAHEE annual events such as the Biannual Conference and Forum. However, only QA agencies can host these events.
DISCLAIMER: Membership of INQAAHE does not convey any independent recognition or status, except for GGP/ISG Aligned Members.